Hi y’all, my writing has gotten way too gear-focused as of late so I wanted to do a post that has nothing at all to do with gear.
So, I thought I would jump in and post some of my favorite photography videos. I’ve found a lot of inspiration in all these videos, so maybe you will too!
Here we go:
1) FStoppers follow David Bergman Shoots a Bon Jovi Concert
Is anyone not jealous of this guy after watching this video? Kudos to Fstoppers for making one of the best behind-the-scenes photography videos I’ve ever seen:
2) Part 1 of interview with Yousuf Karsh
Mr. Karsh just might be the greatest portrait photographer of all time.
3) Matthew Rolston Photographs Seafood and Jewelry on Women in a Simulated Underwater Shoot on America’s Next Top Model
Fast forward to 6 minutes in for the good stuff. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such careful attention to detail from a photographer.
4) Annie Liebovitz: Imagine
This is part 1 of BBC’s documentary about one of the world’s greatest photographers:
5) Chase Jarvis Shoots a Badass Snowboarding Sequence for Sandisk:
6) NYC photographer Peter Hurley Tells Us How to Nail a Headshot:
7) Jeremy Cowart Explains his Tear-Jerking Help Portrait Project:
8) Wedding-photography superstar Jasmine “Don’t Hate Me Because I Have a Better Personality Than You” Star gets interviewed by Chase Jarvis:
9) Joe McNally dicusses The Moment It Clicks in an authors@Google talk:
10) Short CBS documentary on David LaChapelle:
11) Ovation segment on Gregory Crewdson:
12) Ovation segment on Timothy-Greenfield Sanders:
13) Bert Stephani Gives Great Gips for Natural-light Portraits:
14) Def Leppard’s Music Video for Photograph: (still a great song!)
15) Behind the Scenes with Fashion Maven Melissa Rodwell on a Pretty Cool-Looking Shoot:
16) David Tejada Shoots Corporate Portraits: