Canon 60D At Amazon – should appear soon (don’t buy the D60!!!!)
Good news – Canon just announced its new 60D DSLR camera, a nice upgrade to the 50D. In fact, I might end up ditching my T1i for it – this looks like the best consumer-oriented Canon DSLR ever made.
In-camera correction of distortion and chromatic aberation is HUGE, and the price is more than right at $1,099 for the body.
The 60D is probably awesome for video with its full manual control and 1080p resolution, and I’m sure I’ll get use out of the built-in Speedlite transmitter.
Here are the important specs:
- 18 megapixel sensor
- 5.3 frames-per-second shooting
- ISO range of 100-6400
- Full 1080p HD video recording w/ full manual control over video and audio
- Vari-angle LCD screen
- Speedlite controller built into flash
- Digital level
- In-camera RAW image processing features
- Peripheral Illumination Correction, linear distortion correction and chromatic aberration correction. (YES YES YES YES!)
- “Creative” image filters like soft focus, grainy, toy camera, tilt-shift effect
- New aspect ratio lines in Live View (square format, 4:3, 16:9) for easier composition
Overall, the 60D looks like a baby 7D with a less-tough body and slower shooting but some cool improvements like the aforementioned lens distortion correction feature.