Apple just released a new support document for an Aperture 3 bug.
For some users, Aperture 3 will sometimes quit unexpectedly when launching the program, or when the user is entering the upgrade serial number.
Here’s Apple’s solution:
- In the Finder, navigate to /Library/Application Support/ProApps.
- Move the “Aperture System ID” file to the Desktop.
- Open Aperture 3.
- Enter your Aperture 3 upgrade serial number when prompted to do so.
- Enter your previous Aperture version serial number when prompted to do so.
- Once your serial number has been accepted, you can delete the file that you moved to your Desktop (Aperture System ID).